- Meat Spice
- Brand Name : Ina Paarmans
- Weight : 200 ml
- Product of South Africa
- Package Type : plastic bottle with flip top lid for sprinkling or pouring. Paper label.
- Storage :Clip flap down to close. Store in a dry place.
Sea Salt, Maize Crumbs, Spices, Garlic, Dextrose, Flavouring (contains: Cornstarch, Yeast Extract, Acidity Regulators, Vegetable Oil (Sunflower Seed), Spices), Fibre, Herbs, Sugar, Colourant: Caramel, Vegetable Oil (Canola Seed) (Antioxidant: Vitamin E).
How to Use:
Roast Leg of Lamb:
- Mash one tin of anchovies with its oil and add 1 T (15 ml) of Meat Spice.
- Spread over the leg. Spike leg with garlic slivers and fresh rosemary.
- Roast at 180°C on a rack over a pan with 2 cups (500 ml) of water in the pan to keep the meat moist.
- Roast for ± 1 ½ hours. Rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Casseroles, Stews and Potjies:
- Season generously with meat spice.
- Mix 500 g of lean beef mince with 2 t (10 ml) Meat Spice and 4 T (60 ml) of Ina Paarman’s Roast Onion Soup & Gravy Powder.
- Add ½ cup (125 ml) cold water and mix through. Shape into 8 patties.
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes to soften the onions.
- Oil the patties on both sides and cook on a very hot cast iron griddle pan.
- Serve on a toasted sesame bun topped with our Mushroom Ready to Serve Sauce or Peach Apricot Chutney.
- Garnish with fresh tomato, onion and lettuce. This recipe is also excellent for frikkadels or meatloaf.
Why Should I Buy This Product?
Meat Spice is a heavenly blend that transforms roasts and steaks by making them taste deliciously meaty. Add it to stews, casseroles and burger meat for a rounded depth of flavour.
- Halal and Kosher
- Sprinkle onto food before cooking
- Hints of rich nutmeg
- Delicious meaty spice rub