- Dark Roastd Curry Powder
- Brand Name : Hindustan
- Weight : 250 gm
- Product of Sri Lanka
Clove, Turmeric, Cumin, Rampe,
Garlic, ginger,Cardamon, Fenugreek’
Pepper, curry Leaves.
How to make Sri Lankan Dark Roasted Curry Powder at Home?
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
Yield: Approximately 1 cup
===========INGREDENTS (the 13 Spices)============
- 3 Dried Chilli Whole
- 3 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 Tbsp coriander seeds
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 2 inch piece pandan leaves (rampe), broken
- 1 1/2 Tbsp black peppercorns
- 2-3 sprigs curry leaves (or 3 Tbsp dried curry leaves, not necessary to roast)
- 5 green cardamom pods, shelled
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 4 cloves
- Roast whole spices individually in pan on medium high heat until browned. Keep roasted spices aside in bowl as you continue roasting other spices.
- * If you do not wish to roast all spices individually, you can roast the cloves, curry leaves, pandan leaves, cardamom seeds together.
- * Roasting individually yields a better result, as each spice requires a different cook time.
- After spices have roasted and cooled, give them a quick stir then grind in spice mill or coffee grinder. It’s done!
Why Should I Buy This Product?
Our produce an extensive range of high quality spices, herbs, curries, seasonings, sauces, pickles, chutneys and other ethnic foods. The freshest and most superior spices are blended to make a flavour some range of curry Powders.