Health is the most important concern nowadays. Today our surrounding environment is not pure and more prone to pollution day by day which is severely hampering our health. Thus all these environmental and nutritional concerns greatly affect the immune system of our body and we are more likely to become sick.
Staying healthy is really important to match the pace of the today’s fastest growing world. To stay healthy, most of the people follow a strict diet that includes nutrition-rich foods which are greatly important for the growth of body. In this scenario, Dry fruits also play a vital role in boosting our health. The best way is to include dry fruits in between consecutive meals to avoid eating unhealthy foods to curb hunger.
Why is Dry fruit Important for Health?
Dry or dried fruits are basically fresh fruits which are dehydrated by some drying techniques and become dried. Dry fruits are power-packed nutrient rich foods which are great source of healthy nutrients, vitamins, proteins, minerals and fibres essential for the body. These dried fruits are considered as small energy package which can be eaten as handy snack.
Dried fruits are loaded with fibres and large amount of antioxidants especially polyphenols. These antioxidants provide certain health benefits like improved blood circulation, digestive health and reduce risk of many chronic diseases. It is studied that intake of one serving of dry fruit fulfils the daily requirement of many vitamins, fibres and minerals in our body.
Surprising Health Benefits of Dry Fruits
Dry fruits provide a large number of health benefits due to their high nutritional value and help the body in many ways:
Improve Immunity Health
Due to loaded with large number of essential nutrients and minerals, dry fruits are highly essential part of our daily diet. These fruits provide antioxidants which are beneficial to boost our immune system and keep your body fight against diseases.
Helps in Weight loss
Dry fruits are full in fibres and high in nutrients and energy so their consumption will help in satisfying hunger and prevent one from taking unhealthy fats and carbohydrates. Also Dry fruits are well with improving metabolism which is also essential for weight loss.
Prevent body from cancer
Dry fruits are helpful to prevent our body from cancer. They have different phytonutrients which are beneficial to prevent the growth of cancer causing cells and tumours.
Have a glowing skin
Fresh, glowing and moisturized skin and slowing down skin ageing are some wonderful benefits of dry fruits. Many dry fruits and their oils are used in many face packs and cosmetics to provide the best skin effects and protecting it from damage.
Helps to boost Haemoglobin
Dry fruits are filled with different minerals, Vitamin B and unsaturated fats which are helpful for the regeneration of blood cells and haemoglobin in the body. Raisins, prunes, dried figs, apricots are some best dry fruits that are essential to increase blood count.
Improves heart health
Dry fruits are rich source of protein, vitamins and other nutrients which are good for controlling cholesterol levels and blood pressure thus promoting heart health. Dry fruits should be taken in limited quantity for better results. Due to their vast beneficial health promoting properties and benefits, dry fruits play a vital role in reducing risk of heart diseases.
Hence, including dry fruits in our daily diet can really help in promoting best health growth, if consumed in limited proportion and in the right manner.
5 Best Dry Fruits to Add in Your Diet for Boosting health
Dry fruits can be considered as the best source of snacks to fill the meal gaps. As they are nutritious and also provide energy so you can easily satisfy the hunger. Here are some most beneficial dry fruits for your munching bites:
The most common and highly consumed dry fruit are Almonds. Almonds possess major health benefits for the people of all age groups. Everyone should consume almonds everyday for good health and benefits.
Almonds are rich in large number of healthy fibers, monounsaturated fats, Vitamin E and beneficial minerals like Phosphorus, Magnesium and calcium and Phytonutrients. Thus, it is beneficial to consume nutrient-rich almonds daily for the overall health growth.
Almonds provide certain health benefits due to high in essential nutrients. Major benefits are:
- Promote healthy heart
- Helps in maintaining cholesterol and blood pressure levels
- Helps in weight management
- Also beneficial for hair, skin and tooth care
Important tip: It is best to consume soaked almonds in the morning daily for best results.
2. Cashew Nuts
Cashews are packed with certain heath benefits and are rich source of Vitamin E and B6 and minerals especially magnesium and zinc. That is the reason; it is beneficial for weight loss as magnesium helps to regulate the fat and carbohydrate metabolism in the body efficiently.
The consumption of cashews is quite beneficial for the overall health: Some benefits are:
- Being loaded with different dietary fibers, vitamins and health promoting phytochemicals necessary to protect body against diseases.
- Loaded with monounsaturated fats necessary for good heart health.
- Can be beneficial for perfect weight management and reduces risk of weight gain.
- Major source of copper, magnesium and other minerals which are important for promoting bone health and prevent osteoporosis.
Cashews are widely used to provide rich and delicious flavour to the dishes and vegetable gravies. They are also used for garnishing food dishes and many other purposes.
Pistachio nuts are very tasty, crunchy and also super healthy. They are rich source of different healthy nutrients, proteins, Vitamin B6, fibers and antioxidants essential to maintain overall health of the body. According to the USDA National Nutrient Database, Pistachios are also found rich source of multiple minerals like phosphorus, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, copper, and sodium.
Pistachio provides a major number of health benefits due to rich in several beneficial nutrients and health promoters.
- Rich source of antioxidants that play a vital role in reducing the risk of cancer and other diseases in body.
- Low calorie nuts and provide best health benefits staying within the calorie limits, thus maintaining weight.
- Research suggests that eating pistachio is helpful in reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Helps in maintaining cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugar levels in control.
Eating pistachios regularly is good for health. But it should be consumed in unsalted form and in limited quantity.
Pistachios are easily available in local stores and online grocery stores.
Raisins are the good source of energy and rich in fibers, vitamins and essential minerals necessary for the body. It is very good alternative for unhealthy snacks and helps in weight management. Raisins are dried versions of grapes that are sweet and are energy dense.
Raisins are good source of energy and provide best health benefits:
- It is the best and simple medium to keep our digestive system functioning properly. Due to the presence of soluble fibers, it helps in improving digestion.
- Raisins are good source of iron, copper and vitamins which are necessary to grow red blood cells in body and preventing Anaemia.
- Being rich in Magnesium and potassium and other minerals, Raisins are helpful to balance acidity levels in stomach and eliminating toxins from the system.
- Good for eyes, mouth and dental care.
- Helps in keeping our body away from infections and bacteria due to having phenolic antioxidants.
Thus, Raisins are best source of healthy snack that must be consumed by people of all ages.
Dates are best source of healthy and nutritious snack for sweet lovers. Dates are incredibly nutrient-rich with very good taste. It is rich source of vitamins, protein, minerals and natural sugar which provides beneficial effects on our health.
Dates provide certain health benefits:
- Dates are very beneficial to treat constipation and stimulating gastrointestinal transitions properly.
- These are good source of antioxidants which is helpful for improving heart health.
- Dates are helpful to control cholesterol levels and are rich source of iron which is good for improving red blood cell counts in body.
- Dates have some properties which are helpful for promoting brain health.
- Also beneficial for hair growth and skin.
Thus, Dates are considered as good source of nutrients and minerals which is essential for promoting overall health.
It is essential to include nuts and dry fruits in your daily diet for best health growth and keeping away from diseases. Dry fruits are easily available at all stores and also online grocery stores. Indo-Asian is online grocery store that offers a wide variety of dry fruits and nuts all over Australia with best quality and attractive rates.