user(s) have rated this
- Panch Poran Masala
- Brand Name : Mangal
- Weight : 100 gm (3.5 OZ)
- Product of India
- Package : Box
- Storage Instructions: Keep in Cool & Dry Place
- Shelf Life : 12 Months
Cumin Seeds, Fennel Seeds, Fenugreek Seeds, Mustard Seeds and Nigella Seeds.
· Panch phoron is usually fried in oil or ghee before adding anything else to the pot, flavouring the oil and releasing the aroma of the oils in the seeds and causing them to pop in the pan. Other ingredients are added at this point
· Potato curry with tamarind and panch phoran or fish kalias,and macher Jhol( Bengali fish curry),spinach with panch phoran, lentil , etc are a few popular recipe .
· It gives a unique flavour when it is added to mustard oil as is generally done in Bengali cuisine
· panch phoran helps to bring forward the flavours of vegetables, beef, fish or lentils
· Though panch phoran is utilised in other parts of northern and eastern India, It is almost impossible to imagine Bengali food without them. Panch phoran should be used in small quantities as it has a very powerful aroma and flavor
· Crushed panch phoran matches well with: cheese, eggs, fish, game, lamb, pork, poultry, salad, sausages, soup, steaks, strawberries, tomatoes, paneer .
· This seasoning mix is excellent for flavouring when used in vegetable dishes, chutneys or dal (lentil) or fish recipes
Why Should I Buy This Product?
Panch phoran (five-spice mix) is a spice blend used in Bangladesh and Eastern India, especially in Bengali, Assamese, and Oriya cuisine. Panch phoron is a colourful blend of flavourful seeds: the green of fennel seed, black mustard and nigella seeds, golden fenugreek and buff-coloured cumin seeds. Some variations may substitute anise for the fennel seeds or wild mustard for cumin, radhuni seed for mustard, and possibly black cumin for nigella.
Mangal Panch Poran combination of five spices Bengali vaghar makes an excellent frying spices and can be used in cooking fish, crunchy fried prawn, meat, poultry dishes, it is sometimes included in curried dishes of Bengali origin, it is excellent with vegetables and dals(lentils).
We strive to ensure that our products are described as accurately as possible on
our website; however we do not warrant that the description is accurate. Where we
become aware of any misdescription, we reserve the right to correct any error or
omission. Images have been provided for illustrative purposes only and we do not
guarantee that any image will reproduce in true color or that any given image will
reflect or portray the full design or options relating to that product.