user(s) have rated this
- Sandal Soap with Pure Sandalwood Oil
- Brand Name : Mysore
- Weight : 75 gm
- Product of India
- Soap Applied For : Skin Nourishment, Skin Soothing, Skin Rejuvenation
- Organic : Yes
- Organic Type : Natural
- Soap Type : Beauty Soap
- Package : Box
- Skin Type : All Skin Types
- Ideal For : Women, Men
- Safety Warning : Avoid contact with eyes
- Indications : Product is in the form of a solid bar
- Other Traits : Soap is Made for All Seasons, Enthralling Aroma of Pure Natural Sandalwood Oil
Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium hydroxide, Sodium chloride, water, Titanium dioxide, Tetra Sodium, EDTA, Perfume and Cos colours.
Directions For Use:
Use daily for best results .
Why Should I Buy This Product?
Mysore Sandal Soap is the only soap in the world made from 100% pure sandalwood oil, the oldest known perfumery material. The oil of Sandalwood recommended in ancient ayurvedic texts for skin care, has excellent antiseptic properties and soothes prickly heat and other skin rashes. This soap is made totally from pure vegetable ingredients.
Mysore Sandal Soap is a brand of soap manufactured by the Karnataka Soaps and Detergents Limited (KSDL), a company owned by the Government of Karnataka in India. This soap has been manufactured since 1916 when Nalvadi Krishnaraja Wodeyar, the king of Mysore set up the Government Soap Factory in Bangalore.
The main motivation for setting up the factory was the excessive sandalwood reserves that the Mysore Kingdom had which could not be exported to Europe because of the First World War.
In 1980, KSDL was incorporated as a company by merging the Government Soap Factory with the sandal oil factories at Shimoga and Mysore. Mysore Sandal Soap is the only soap in the world made from 100% pure sandalwood oil. KSDL owns a proprietary Geographical indication (GI) tag on the Mysore sandal soap which gives it intellectual property rights to use the brand name, to ensure quality and also prevent piracy and unauthorised use by other manufacturers.
In 2006, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, the Indian cricketer was selected as the first brand ambassador of the Mysore Sandal Soap.
- Mysore Sandal soap is one of the most popular soaps in India
- Still enjoys the distinction of being in use in the Royal Palaces of the U.K.
- The only soap made with pure sandalwood oil
- Sandalwood oil has been renowned for its cleansing and skincare enhancing properties
- Free from harsh chemicals
- Suitable for everyday use
- Sandalwood is recommended in ancient Ayurvedic texts for natural skin care
- Long fresh fragrance of sandalwood oil.
Read more at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mysore_Sandal_Soap!
We strive to ensure that our products are described as accurately as possible on
our website; however we do not warrant that the description is accurate. Where we
become aware of any misdescription, we reserve the right to correct any error or
omission. Images have been provided for illustrative purposes only and we do not
guarantee that any image will reproduce in true color or that any given image will
reflect or portray the full design or options relating to that product.