user(s) have rated this
- White Soya Beans Japanese Miso Paste (Shinshu Shiro Miso)
- Brand Name : Hikari
- Weight : 400 gm
- Product of Japan
- Storage Instructions :Store in a cool and dry place
- Cuisine : Chinese, Japanese, Korean
Water, Soybeans, Rice, Salt, Alcohol.
Hikari Shinshu Shiro Miso (White)
Miso Soup (Serve 1)
1. Bring one cup of water to the boil and add your favourite ingredients (tofu, wakame seaweed, vegetables etc.).
2. Add slightly more than 3/4 tbsp of Hikari White Miso and dissolve well.
3. Turn off heat just before water begins to boil again and serve immediately.
If desired, add 1/2 tsp dashi soup stock (bonito, kelp, chicken, vegetable).
Miso Dressing (Serves 3)
Hikari White Miso 5tbsp
Sugar (or honey) 2 1/2 tbsp
Sake or White Wine 2 tbsp
Rice (or apple) vinegar 1 tsp
Just mix the ingredients together and dress your favourite salad!
Why Should I Buy This Product?
White miso paste is a mild tasting miso. Also known as Fermented Soya bean paste (Japanese - Shinshu Koji Shiromiso). 'Shiro' means white in Japanese.
This miso paste is a good all round miso. Use in soups, stews, marinades etc...
Always add miso to soups and stews at the end, since boiling it destroys beneficial bacteria and causes it to curdle.
We strive to ensure that our products are described as accurately as possible on
our website; however we do not warrant that the description is accurate. Where we
become aware of any misdescription, we reserve the right to correct any error or
omission. Images have been provided for illustrative purposes only and we do not
guarantee that any image will reproduce in true color or that any given image will
reflect or portray the full design or options relating to that product.