user(s) have rated this
- Bamboo Steamer (Lid and Base)
- Brand Name : IAGS
- Product of China
- Size: 12 inch
- Available in 7", 9", 10", 12" and 14" dia.
Before using for the first time: Wash all pieces with hot soapy water, rinse well and then soak in hot water for 30 minutes. After soaking, steam all baskets and lid for about 30 minutes (while empty).
How to Use a Bamboo Steamer Basket?
- Fill the Steamer Baskets.
- Fill a Pot with Two Inches of Water.
- Place the Steamer Basket Over the Pot.
Watch Video on Youtube.
Why Should I Buy This Product?
Steaming is a classic method of preparing dumplings, and a bamboo steamer is the traditional vessel for doing it.
Bamboo steamers are a healthy and effective way of cooking, using authentic Asian methods. The bamboo steamer sits in a few inches of boiling water at the bottom of a wok, so that as the hot steam passes through the basket, it cooks the food inside.
This stackable bamboo steamer has two levels, meaning that whole meals can be cooked in one go, with fish or meat in the bottom level, and vegetables on top. A bamboo steamer also makes a great centre piece on the table – particularly when filled with traditional treats such as wontons, sticky rice parcels or pork buns.
- Absorbs excess moisture and prevents condensation from dripping on food while lid traps steam.
- One woven bamboo lid
- Two tiers of bamboo steaming trays
- May be used with woks, pans and pots
- Hand wash only
- Made from Bamboo which is a fast growing and highly renewable material.
We strive to ensure that our products are described as accurately as possible on
our website; however we do not warrant that the description is accurate. Where we
become aware of any misdescription, we reserve the right to correct any error or
omission. Images have been provided for illustrative purposes only and we do not
guarantee that any image will reproduce in true color or that any given image will
reflect or portray the full design or options relating to that product.