user(s) have rated this
- Barbecue Spice
- Brand Name : Robertsons
- Weight : 100 ml
- Product of South Africa
- Storage : Store in a cool and dry place
- Shelflife : 18 months.
Salt, radurised dried spices (30%) (paprika, coriander, black pepper, celery, nutmeg), radurised wheat cereal, flavourant, monosodium glutamate (flavour enhancer), radurised chillies (2.5%), sugar, radurised herbs, garlic powder.
Use 2-3 teaspoonsful per 500 g of meat; mix spice with oil then rub into or pour over the meat.
This product contains wheat gluten and is made in a factory that also processes cow's milk, egg & soya.
- Make a rub using 15ml ROBERTSONS Barbecue Spice, 15ml freshly chopped rosemary, 1ml ROBERTSONS Atlantic Sea Salt, 1ml ROBERTSONS Black Pepper and 15ml ROBERTSONS Origanum
- Pound spices in a pestle & mortar, then sprinkle onto clean surface
- Take a 1kg beef fillet and roll in the rub, making sure the fillet is properly covered.
- Lightly coat a very hot pan with olive oil, then sear the meat for 5 minutes on each side, unitl golden brown in colour.
- Remove from the pan and allow the meat to rest for 5 to 10 mintues before slicing
Tips: Best served thinly sliced and arranged on a serving plate. Top with rocket leaves, shavings of Parmesan cheese, then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with ROBERTSONS Black Pepper
| Name || Per 100 |
| Energy kJ
|| 848 kJ |
| Energy kcal
|| 202 kcal |
| Total lipid (fat)
|| 4.60 g |
|| 4.45 g |
| Sodium, Na
|| 16125 mg |
| Fiber, total dietary
|| 10.70 g |
| Carbohydrate, by difference
|| 36 g |
Why Should I Buy This Product?
Robertson's Barbecue Spice is a flavourful, tangy blend of ground spices and herbs that will add delicious zest to salads, vegetables, egg and savoury rice dishes as well as to poultry and meat dishes.
A flavourful, tangy blend of ground spices and herbs that goes perfectly with a variety of meats, savoury dishes and salads.
Sprinkle Barbeque Spice over buttered, baked potatoes and mealies, add a dash to stews, infuse baked veggies with a warm, savoury flavour or simply sprinkle over meat.
We strive to ensure that our products are described as accurately as possible on
our website; however we do not warrant that the description is accurate. Where we
become aware of any misdescription, we reserve the right to correct any error or
omission. Images have been provided for illustrative purposes only and we do not
guarantee that any image will reproduce in true color or that any given image will
reflect or portray the full design or options relating to that product.